Dr. Sheila Packard Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Sheila Packard, a stimulating and popular teacher, was an Associate Professor in the School of Nursing at University of Connecticut, a nurse practitioner, and an active member of numerous professional societies including the Connecticut Nurses’ Association, Mu Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International and Phi Kappa Phi. She was honored by her professional colleagues for excellence in nursing research and teaching. Dr. Packard was known throughout the nursing community for her scholarship in nursing theory and philosophy of science as well as her sparkling intellect and quick and ready wit. Dr. Packard invested much time in the development of the doctoral program at UConn and in teaching and mentoring the school of nursing’s first class of doctoral students.
Criteria for Dr. Sheila Packard Scholarship
- A permanent resident of Connecticut
- A student, faculty member or alumnus(a) of the Schools of Nursing of Boston College, University of Connecticut or Yale University
- Currently conducting or in the development phase of a research study focused on the power of nursing as a healing art
- High School students not applicable
Process for Scholarship Application
All applications must include:
- Online application form
- Submission of a unofficial academic transcript from current academic institution. Official transcripts will be required if an award is granted.
- Nursing/Healthcare Reference form completed by professor, teacher, supervisor or other academic or professional contact. Must be in the nursing/healthcare field.
- A five-to-seven page proposal outlining and describing the nature of nursing research and how it will extend the knowledge of nursing as a healing art
- Proposal for anticipated budget of research study
- If the research is being conducted within an academic institution, a letter from your advising professor or clinical staff must be included with application
Online Applications must be submitted by April 15th.
Unofficial transcripts must be uploaded during the application completion or
should be mailed directly to
CNF Scholarships 1224 Mill St, Bldg B, East Berlin, CT 06023
If a scholarship is received,
your official transcripts will be required prior to the check being sent out.